For me the problem is not in what it does. (which is everything that the
hypergraph/hypershade did and more).
When i first heard they were going to create a node editor i said
hallelujah...because everyone got fed up using the connection editor for
linking stuff.
But whenever i stare at it (which is almost daily), it just screams ugly to
me. Which is not something that i get with ice or vex for that matter. But
it might just be my perception.
I am completely aware of what it is and what it does, and i've been using
it since it was introduced...i just never felt so at ease with it as i feel
with ice.
Like having a really powerful yet ugly looking car. I know it's meant to be
used by td's and all that, and it doesn't need to look in any way.
But when i look at ice, i see something that is both functional and easy on
the eyes. Really well thought out visually.
That's not something i can say about the current node editor. But i
completely understand that for some it might not matter.

Octavian

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM, boeingh...@s-farm.de <boeingh...@s-farm.de

--
        Octavian Ureche