There's absolutely nothing stopping someone from making any kind of
viewport they desire. the gfx sequencer and SI geometry render pipeline are
all there for the taking.

// begin negativity - AD CEO's please ignore ;P all this maya view port 2.0
malarkey was in softimage 5yrs ago, there was/is nothing stopping you
running the latest ogl/dx profile. hell i even made myself a custom point
primitive using tesselation shaders (ogl 4.2)
//end negativity - begin bunnies and happy clappy time /

.

Jon Swindells
squi...@gmail.com