If you want things to change let management know directly.
Inundate AD mailboxes letting them know that you will NOT move to Maya, and
start giving your money to someone else, be it Fabric, The Foundry, SideFX,
Exo etc.

If you have rigging and animation requirements, which leaves you kind of
out to hang since it's either Soft or Maya, then you can either let them
know that you will not buy into Maya and will just stick to whatever the
last version of Soft will be until it's well outlived (which a number of
people did with Soft|3D), and try offsetting things to another platform and
affecting that so it covers that animation gap hoping it will catch up by
the time Soft will have become unusable, or if you're OK sticking with AD
and you are so positive Soft will be dead start steering Maya around (which
has a lively enough development right now) so that it won't suck as much
for you when you'll have to move to it.

Those are things that have a genuine chance to have an impact on YOUR work
(or hobby) hours, because at the end of the day you should remind yourself
that's what we're talking about here, making sure you get tools that don't
suck.

If posting angry complaints about marketing on the mailing list had ANY
effect whatsoever by now there should be F'in billboard with Softimage on
it on my way to work given the amount of complaints that have been aired in
here.
Given I fail to notice any, and I have decent enough eyesight, I suggest
those who are so afraid they will be stuck with tools that suck start doing
something that has a genuine chance to positively affect their future.

If all it is is anger and the need to vent for the sake of it, then reddit
might be a better venue.