I do agree with most of the "general" comments but, my point is more
regarding to a general status... Can we stay positive for a change?

Also is that so hard to understand that users make "no true" differences
for AD. what make true differences is your CEO/CTO/Head of Technologies...
They have to keep fighting for Softimage, and most of the time these people
are not active on this mailing list but still they receive the message or
are aware of the "feeling"...

If they start to believe Softimage is doomed because the community is not
there, then Softimage is definitely doomed...