From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Chris Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:33 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: weightmap driven by velocity?

Thanks for all your help everyone...much appreciated. Alok...way over my head
and Jaff thanks for the visuals...I got it built then I had no idea what to do
with it? Ha!

So here's what I'm trying to do. I've attached an image as well as a link to
the scene file if anyone should be so helpful?

My creative director wants to see strands coming off an animated person based
on velocity. So I showed him a test which is dead simple of strands coming off
XSI man, with Mocap on him. The strands are being emitted from a weight map. My
thinking was that the velocity of the geometry could drive the intensity of the
weight map and there by emit strands when something is moving quickly...so in
essence there would be short strands where the body is moving at a typical to
slow rate but the hands and feet would be accentuated as they move fast. Then,
to add to the complexity I want the same velocity, ideally to drive the
life/length of the strand.

If anyone can give me some further direction it would be greatly appreciated.

ScreenGrab

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7007jvn4g9p2dd/strandsTest.jpg

Scene File
https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7wluccec12knt/testForClient_velocityTest_10.scn

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Jeff McFall