I was about to say this as well. Save at frame 1. Mute all your viewport before opening. I had the same issue lately with Momentum (Supressing the whole simulation re-made the scene stable) (though, in your case it could be different reasons of course). You could save your icetree in a big compound, delete your environments, save your scene (without any sim) and re-past your compounds in fresh new pointclouds.

I just hate when SI does this...