This is awesome.  It's funny how Arnold has changed our pipeline, we're no
where near what you guys have but the entire Model > reference > ass
switching workflow is what we've implemented already i.e. the ability to
swap between all three at any time, make changes to the source in the
lighting scene and push those changes to a newer revisions, both models and
ass files so they roll in to other shots etc.

I love how when you drop a ref model down on the ground it's just a select
and click to drop, sweet.