we use Maya primarily at our studio, but recently there has been a few
artists talking about modo and testing it out. they were very impressed,
however, most of the stuff they were showing me, or thought was impressive
was already standard workflow in softimage.

but softimage isnt and never was on their radar. they had no idea. that's
marketing for you.