On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Graham Bell <graham.b...@autodesk.com>wrote:

> I still see people now, some experienced Maya vets, who aren't using the
> hotbox or marking menus correctly and they can be key to Maya's UI and
> usability.

Agree. I find Maya much slower than SI workflow wise, but learning to
correctly use it's UI, create your custom shelfs, and customize your
preferences and/or hotkeys and menus a little is a must. Basic mel level is
also recommended.

Trying to use Maya the exact same way you use SI, like relying on hotkeys,
may be one of the biggest problems. Maya's default hotkeys are a little
difficult to reach (like F10, F11s), you need to use the hotbox and slide
your mouse to have a fast workflow. Once you get it, it isn't that bad.

Martin