I've been using it along side Arnold for quite a while now.  I just
finished a project for CES entirely in Redshift.

I think Redshift falls more into the category of a VRay competitor rather
than Arnold.  Redshift isn't open the way Arnold is & I don't think they
intend it to be.

I've found it to be extremely fast and stable in most cases, but being just
out of alpha there are times when it's warts show.

For $100, it's certainly worth a test drive.

-Paul

ᐧ