For a current list of features available as well as a roadmap,
I would like to suggest to just go and give it a free try:

https://www.redshift3d.com/get-redshift

Yes, actually you don´t even have to commit to spending $100 directly,
the Free Beta Trial gives you 30 days of full access to Redshift.

A special benefit of this free trial option is that you could actually
try out how a bunch of machines would run using redshift in a farm or knot.

Reading the docs doesn´t require a login:

http://docs.redshift3d.com/Default.html

Redshift is a really well balanced renderer and I wholehartedly trust in it´s
success.

With the above opportunity available it is a good time to test it in your
production scenario
and wheight it against VRay and Arnold, which are also both very nice
plattforms with
enough momentum to also be around for quite a while.

I am sure Redshift is a valuable addition to that arsenal.

Cheers,

tim