I don't think you can compare ICE to those other examples you described. At
this point, I think the only way for ICE to go down is for the entire
package to be discontinued. We are tiny compared to your place, but we also
need to build assets that last us for a long time. I use ICE for a lot of
these things without hesitation because I really don't see it being ripped
out or becoming unsupported at any point.

Also, I find it very stable; I've done many crazy things with it, and while
it can sometimes be slow, it does not crash pretty much ever. Granted,
kinematics is an area where I've seen some flaky behavior, but this may be
from back when they weren't officially supported as I don't need kinematics
much these days.