On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Emilio Hernandez <emi...@e-roja.com> wrote:

> Sorry to jump into this masters discution, but don't we have PyQT in
> Softimage also?

You can download a plugin, but it's never going to be a built-in
feature you can assume is there and working. But most importantly, the
Maya UI is native Qt, so you have access to it all through PySide,
intermix Mel and Pyside.  There are no boundaries between Maya UI and
QT and PySide.

>  couldn't find a way to transfer a simple UV  from one mesh to another.  So I
> went and dug into Creative Crash to find a script...

This is off topic, but what was wrong with Mesh->Transfer Attrbutes?