From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eric Thivierge
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:37 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Survey - how would you do this?

I meant that Matt was going to say that you can't instance stuff as one
additional restriction...
On 2/11/2014 3:28 PM, Emilio Hernandez wrote:
Well not $10 bucks but a sample scene will say yes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49626349/Asteroids.scn

[http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8965/erojamailpleca.jpg]

<bauero...@gmx.de<mailto:bauero...@gmx.de>>:
Do it by hand.

Create null in center of Planet.

Call it Parent_Mom.

Create Volume Previz Torus Helper.

Create Asteroid in Origin.

Create Null.

Name Null Asteroid_P001.

Parent Asteroid to Asteroid_P001.

Animate Asteroid Rotation (its tumbling) in Origin.

Snap Asteroid_P001 to Torus.

Parent Asteroid_P001 to Parent_Mom.

Duplicate Asteroid_P001, resulting in Asteroid_P002.

Snap Asteroid_P002 to Torus.

Create Null, call it Parent_Spin.

Parent Parent_Mom to Parent_Spin.

Animate Rotation (Y) of Parent_Spin.

Create Null, name it Parent_Dad.

Name Planet Forever21Planet, parent Forever21 and Parent_Spin to Parent_Dad.

Duplicate Asteroid_P002 as often as you need and snap to Torus.

Duplicate Parent_Spin, rename Parent_Spin_faster. Adjust Animation to spin
faster.

Delete any Asteroids you donĀ“t like, offset animations where neccessary or
desired.

Rinse, repeat.

Play.