imagine if we made such jokes every time the Fabric came to pimp their
stuff here. ;)

If there is going to be a discussion about creating custom tools for
artists, sweeping statements about DCCs, and name dropping like Pixar,
it's in everyone's interest to be informed about the maya side of the
story.  On my side, as Maya UI team lead, pyside (python+qt) is part
of the day-to-day.  Something I could have never imagine on Softimage.
I'd always have to write everything in C++/MFC to do anything.  I've
also dumped my PC for a Macbook Pro.