Von: "Luc-Eric Rousseau" <luceri...@gmail.com>
An: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com" <softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>
Gesendet: 14.02.2014 15:10:38
Betreff: Re: Survey - how would you do this?

Unfortunately it will be Softimages achilles heel if they don't find a way off of it (which is unlikely given the very small dev team)
 COM doesn't scale the way new 3d apps require. To many bottlenecks.

It's moot, but COM is fine, it's no more or less scalable than C++.
Firefox is entirely built with a cross platform clone of COM, called
XPCOM. The problem is that we made XSI only for a Windows NT-only
future. The mainwin decision was meant to be something temporary until
SGI died out. It's not just COM, it's a 100% windows sdk app.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Angus Davidson