Seriously? Modeling with Maya or Max is like making love with a cheese grinder.
Painful, no joy, just when you finished. That is Autodesk then. Hate it
forever! Hate it forever!

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Sven Constable
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:03 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Retirement.

Beeing a small one man company, rarely doing freelance work at other companys
anymore, I'll stay with softimage until I'll die:) I will update to the latest
version, be it 2015 or whatever and I will be very happy for the next ten years.

For the 3dsmax and maya users, it's not an ideal situation either. Because if
AD integrates softimage's functionality into the other packages, it will be
only a glimpse of the real strength of softimage. A half-arsed implemented
sugarcoat on two gravestones (especially max) with stone-aged architectures
that maya and max are. Seems strange to me,  that the most modern software of
all tree will be retired. In an ideal world ( with a company focusing on
innovation and developing) it should be the other way around. Killing max
first, then maya. Integrating some of their features into Soft. Of course we're
not in an ideal world but in Autodesk world. Oh well.

sven