im guessing they don't want you to have 2 production apps for the price of
one, basically admitting that a two year old Soft will be AT LEAST as
productive as Maya 2016

  _____

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Ben Rogall
Sent: 04 March 2014 17:42
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Softimage transition audience poll

Yep. Or $4495 for a workstation license and then $2495 per year. For a
minute there it looked like Autodesk was doing something half reasonable
with the free transition offer to Softimage + Maya. But then I saw that
accepting that means that I would not be allowed to use Softimage at all
after February 2016. I'm not even sure what Autodesk gains from that.

Ben