"but maybe,with some of the element from the Softimage dev team,something
good could be done and maybe we'll see some huge improvement on Maya and
Max"

You know, it would be interesting to know the thoughts of those developers.
How do they feel working for this company now? Especially ex XSI devs. I
would still like to think the talented people that create this software do
it because of passion, and that they truly care about their product. I
haven't seen any other 3D app come close to the* thoughtfullness* that went
into every aspect of XSI. And why I picked up within days of trying it out.
Everything else compared to it was clunky mess. You felt it was created by
artists, not accountants with no damn idea of ergonomics. To see that kind
of talent which created such software, be assimilated and forgotten in the
abysmal hole that is this company would be the saddest thing of this whole
mess.

So, yes, what are the developers thinking right now would be interesting to
know....