Well, my suggestion for the brief is that it should

1 – demonstrate powerfully that there is a lot of people around the world using
this tool and care about it enough to do this film for free
1a - Show that we are prepared to make a stand and not take this lying down
2 – Show off the wide variety of things that can be achieved with SI pretty
much out of the box and it be impressive to watch.
3- Treat Autodesk fairly.. Ie. make as many people as we can look at what kind
of company they actually are.
4 – do the above by making this entertaining and unique
5 – Be uplifting and celebrate creativity and the human spirit

This is my revised pitch from last night.. The reason I came at this idea is
that it can easily be split into chunks and the diversity of styles play to its
strength.

I think it would be good to make a visual metaphor of the situation.
I've been thinking that we would need to do something that could be attacked
modularly and allows a huge variety in styles coming together. What we also
have in our favour is that we come from different parts of the world and all do
different styles of work.
So my idea is. cgi on live action plates..filmed on dslr by different folk
around the globe.

It's based on the wizard of oz.

We start with one character, leaving a studio and start to walk, then we cut to
another studio with another totally different character style, walking or
moving.
This repeats. It doesn't have to be characters only, we could have a dust
cloud, or an ICE strand tangle. The more variety of cgi oddities the better. We
then cut to more of them moving through different landmarks around the globe. (
assuming between us we know someone who lives nearby enough to film them)
There could be Godzilla stomping through New York, an ice tangle going under
the Eiffel tower. they are all going somewhere. It could be as epic as we can
make it. There Could be a car chase, Whatever, as long as they are moving
somewhere with purpose.  it looks like they are gathering for War.
Some characters could board a massive spaceship which takes off. Others could
get on a huge ocean liner.They are all making their way somewhere.
It culminates as a huge bizarre crowd of CGI 'things' gather at the door of a
big imposing building. A small character at the front knocks

We cut to text along the lines of "Please save us" or simply.. ‘Save Softimage’

I know it sounds epic, but that's kind of the point and if we had say 40 people
doing a little bit each and maybe reused old personal assets, it might be
achievable. I could dig Greg Mutt out and probably do a Godzilla shot in a few
days.