I'm not a lawyer, but i think with Autodesk history there's maybe a case
here. The only way i think this could be accomplished is with all the
community support; from studios to freelancers; important people; then,
gather all the info from past years, videos, open letters, discussions,
petitions, AD statements about Softimage future. I mean, everything!. And
maybe we could have a case here.(maybe a weak one, but still a case)

The problem i see with this is that people is not going to support
something like this, because it requires investment and time. Human beings
think first about their priorities, families and life itself(which is fine).
But, if only we could give support to something like this, this kind of
"monopoly" cases, will be over for decades, because company's will know for
sure that Users will fight for their rights.

Don't misunderstand me, i hate the way Autode$k manage things, i would love
to see the law force them to give the users what they promess year after
year. What I do not like to see is how people bow to Autodesk and let them
decide the path that everyone must follow.

So... ,first we need a good representative, then a good lawyer, community
support, and money.

(sorry for my english)