Correct me if I am dead wrong, but default out of the box Maya’s hotbox, nor
it’s main menus are context sensitive (depending on what you have selected,
bone, object, vertice, edge, etc.), nor is it’s right click menu.  Softimage’s
main menus and sidebar menus are not context sensitive either?, only it’s alt
right click menu is, the rest is handled by a side-bar with a very well thought
layout and default hotkeys that make sense, and it’s hotkeys are context
sensitive behaving how you would expect across multiple areas of the
application, like ‘f’ for framing an object in viewport is the same as framing
in an item in the outliner or a node view.

Perhaps NASA has a heavily customized version of Maya?  Anyways interesting
post, but I’m completely lost, none of that stuff works like you mention it to
in my experience, but perhaps my various teachers and studies left something
serious out.

Best regards and it’s not really important the above, I’m just confused now.
Time to go back to learning Houdini, we’ll see in 2 years when Humanize Maya is
actually in place.  GL to the Maya devs and Autodesk, please don’t forget about
Mudbox, of all your applications that's the one you have done the best on so
far and I hope you keep that up and bring that sort of love to Maya to make it
great.  Cheers everyone, this might very well be my last Softimage list post.
Bye all, good luck, and thanks for the years worth of searchable Softimage and
3D Q&A’s.  It was amazing while it lasted.