From: j.ponthi...@nasa.gov
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: humanize Maya, SOFT top 5
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:16:56 +0000

Create an empty group(null). Make sure it is still selected.

Set the null’s rotation to the rotation that you want the object’s pivot to be.

Make the object as a child to the null. Middle click drag and drop the object
on the null in the outliner is the easiest way.

Open the new hierarchy and select only the object under the null, and not the
null.

Execute Modify->Freeze Transformations( make sure at least the Freeze Rotate is
selected in the option box)

Execute Edit->Unparent

The object will now have the pivot orientation you want. It may also have some
transformGeometry history as well if you had construction history turned on.

Edit->Delete by Type->History if you want to get rid of it.

--
Joey Ponthieux
LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES)

represent the opinions of NASA or any other party.