I remember when The Foundry asked me what I wanted in a script editor. I said: make it work like the XSI one. They said: everybody already said that but about the Maya one. I didn't know how the Maya one worked so I assumed it would be similar. When Nuke finally came with a script editor, I was shocked! I never understood why would someone want that. If you want to run commands and forget about them, make it a shell, not a script editor!
Fortunately, they added an option not to clear the script. Problem solved.