I'm still relatively new to SI, and yes, it crashes a lot, but usually due to
render problems mostly, the rest is fine. I am still learning lots and lots of
it and I still see huge potential with it. I'm still just dabbling feet in the
whole ICE realm, and still haven't used all the thirdparty awesomeness out
there - so personally SI is still like a new cutting edge software to me, and
the more ICE addons and other plugins I get later down the road, including
Redshift, will always be like a major upgrade from the future - even if the
actual core is not updated. It can last me quite some time till I've wrung
enough juice out of it. And yes, I can still find some scalability even if I
may not be able to buy many more seats after 2016.

So… kinda sticking to it, it's like my elitist software that gets the job done
quicker, cheaper and to better quality than competing studios here, and that is
only with my limited skills and teaching for my interns!

On the side I am learning more Blender; well it's Sculpting and UV and video
editing and compositing, they cover my needs more than happily enough.

Maybe later I will see how it's rendering and rigging/animation systems are,
and eventually ride the Blender wagon into the future -  having visual arcs for
Fcurves as an addon, just found.. it's cool, powerful, nifty really, also some
neat full body IK systems, and a Non Linear Animation toolset, adequate for not
being something out of Autodesk.

I do feel a bit like… any where I go will be dangerous waters, and everything
is relatively destructive with it's "history"…. I miss that flexibility with
everything in SI and it's non-destructive and overridable everything pass like
system and workflows.. And with that, for flexibility sake of the studio, it
still will be a perfect swiss army knife, the secret weapon, and the main tool
of where I'm working here… and I am sure in a few years or even more, I will
still be able to compete.

-Draise

Ph: +57 313 811 6821