Subject: Re: OT: Now that the grief over softimage,     how did you get over
your it on your daily basis?
From: sergio.muc...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:41:54 -0400
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

In Max they're called State Sets.

Sergio M.
Sent from my iPhone
On May 22, 2014, at 4:19 PM, Manuel Huertas Marchena <lito...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

"How come I don't hear anything about 3dsmax,"    ...ehhh render passes, if you
find them in max let me know! :)

IMDB | Portfolio | Vimeo
| Linkedin

your it on your daily basis?
From: sergio.muc...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:17:02 -0400
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Max's tools are mostly built to be productive right out of the box. It's a
right-to-the-point application that can also be quite flexible and procedural.
The downside is that a lot of stuff in there is so neglected and broken, that
it's just sad. You're going to spend some time finding workarounds to things,
and learning what's broken and what's not. Also, Max relies a lot on
third-party plugins to address lots of its limitations. Be ready to spend some
cash on some of those if you want truly first-class quality tools.MAXScript is
a very friendly language to learn. Very capable too. Scripting-wise, Max is not
of the best applications I've used to date. The scripter is based on SCITE, so
it is very nice, and has some great features. Max now also supports Python. I
have not used it yet, so I cannot comment there.There is a humongous library of
available  scripts and tools for free out there. Keep these two links
handy...www.scriptspot.comwww.maxplugins.de
If you want to look into ICE-like development, check out Ephere's Lab tool.
It's headed in that direction.Let me know if you have more specific questions.
Cheers!
Sergio Muciño.Sent from my iPad.