Is there a "simple" reason for this constant breaking of compatibility?

Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 06:33:14 +1000
Subject: Re: Maya strengts (anyone?)
From: raffsxsil...@googlemail.com
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Maya breaks binary compatibility every major release. In layman terms you have
to recompile against each version when it comes out.
On 25 May 2014 20:50, "Leendert A. Hartog" <hirazib...@live.nl> wrote:

As these NG skin tools do not yet seem to be available for Maya 2015, I wonder,

why Maya plugins apparently do have to recompiled for every version,

while I am still running a commercial plugin for Softimage that was created for
XSI 5?

It would be nice, if someone could explain this in a few words (and preferably
gently).

Wouldn't qualify as a strength I'd say...

Greetz

Leendert

--

Leendert A. Hartog AKA Hirazi Blue

Administrator NOT the owner of si-community.com