Hey guys,
  I am biting the bullet and transitioning our pipeline over to Maya with
the support of Fabric a lot of our RnD Development.

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find concrete answers for that
I was hoping you guys could help me out with, I know that this is a
Softimage mailing list, but because of that I expect that you guys will
have the context necessary to help me out.

Here are my questions

1. Is there an equivalent to Models in Maya?  How do they encapsulate rigs
and assets?  I have looked at the Assets feature that came out in Maya 2011
and there is some pretty impressive stuff in there, but it seems that none
of the big studios are using that.  Are the studios simply using
Namespaces?  Cuss that seems pretty horrible.

2.  Referencing seems much weaker in Maya, I guess that there is no Delta.
 If not, where is the Delta information stored?  My friend Daniele says
that it's just nodes in the scene, and is saved with the scene. Is there no
centralised menu or place where I can find the connections to the scene and
the referenced object,  basically... is there ANYTHING like a delta?

3. Is it worth me learning Pymel?  I have started and it seems pretty easy
to transition over. The syntax is actually pretty simple.   But the studios
that I'm talking to seem to all use the native Python integration.

Thanks in advance for any information shared.

best,
 Enrique