I've tried Motion Builder and HumanIK directly inside Maya, but the main
issue that I have is that both MB and HIK have the same "constraint" that
is Y axis must be Up, while in my case Z is up.
I found an alternative solution that is do a script...not really...I simply
copy/paste whats in the script editor, and apply the retargeting to my
character...

Basically what I'm doing is:
- Import the FBX animation file
- Go to frame -1
- Select all the bones and zero-out all the rotation data, kinda doing a Go
to bind pose
- Apply ( for each bone ) an Orient constraint from the BVH file to my
skeleton ( which is in Bind pose ), in this way I have a match between the
bind pose from the bvh and my skeleton, and a Point constraint for the hips
- So at this point I have the animation ( well, the bones orientation ) of
my skeleton driven by the BVH file

I do the "go to bind pose for the BVH" and the "apply orient constraint"
using a custom script, but the main problem that I have right now is that
my skeleton is just driven without any animation keys...

So how can I bake keys into my skeleton for each frame, since there are no
keys at all, but its just orient driven by the BVH?
It'll be nice to have a clip inside the Trax editor, or be able to
modify/adjust everything with curves...

Hope its clear