Hi Shuting, echoing the sentiment of others, I  really appreciate your
approach to improving Maya based on the feedback of Softimage users.

My main points re: the outliner and possible improvements based on Explorer
and property pages.

1) Disconnect between multi ppg editing across the Maya. Channel box vs
Attribute editor.
2) Filtering in the explorer allows me to manage my entire scene, in a
single explorer or multiple instances of it, with locking, recycling, or
recycle similar options. I can't do that with the channel box. I can with
the attribute editor, but then lose the ability to multi edit.
3) Back to filtering, being able to see objects, params, groups, etc gives
me a much easier way of looking at a complex scene on a number of different
levels.
4) Explorer as a pass management system.
5) Filtering in the explorer based on Passes, Scene, Layers,
6) F3 pop up explorers are huge timesavers.
7) Drag and drop onto attributes, keying with a single click. On that note,
RMB and having to choose key selected in Maya is highly inefficient. We
should simply have to LMB on the attribute. RMB should be for secondary
functions.
8) Being able to view an operator stack with D and D re-organization. I
know Maya has the input shuffling feature, but  its not a part of the
Outliner, when it should be.
9) LMB node and MMb Branch Selection functionality. This is one of the most
maddening things about Maya.
10) Color coding of node, branch and multi selection is very confusing.
For example, I select the root joint of a chain of joints. They all turn
green. I shift select the next joint down to multi select it with the
first, now the first turns white and the rest green.
So instead, turn off child selection highlighting. Now what happens is
still kind of confusing. I select the first joint in the chain. It turn
green, the res turn pink. I shift select the 2nd joint to add it to
selection. The first joint turns white, the second green and the third
pink. From a new users perspective, its even more bewildering.
In Softimage, this is handled elegantly and simply. Never any confusion.
Child selected object, white, If you shift select to add another object in
multi select, it too turns white, the other bones remain their original
colors. When you MMB or Tree select objects, the whole hierarchy turns
white as you would expect.
If Maya users are used to this behavior fine, but an option to switch this
behavior would be so welcome.
10) Use of Model spaces to further organize a scene. My Maya scenes just
don't seem as elegantly clean and organized as my Softimage scenes. The
visual idea of a model node went a long way to helping me feel like I had
my house in order. If Assets are supposed to be the equivalent of models,
then they need to have a RMB option on them to Export the asset quickly
instead of having to jump up to the top menu, or marking menu. Sets, should
also be allowed to reside as children of an asset.
11) Explorer visualization of hierarchical connections. I have a hard time
explaining this, and looking back and forth at the explorer / outliner, I
think it may have something to do with the way the indented lines denoting
the parent child relations extend all the way through to the icons in the
explorer, whereas in Maya, there is a space between the icon and the
connecting hierarchical line. It may not seem like much, but when looking
at massive hierarchies, I just find it a major benefit in Softimage in
being able to instantly understand the relationships between the various
parts.
12) Ability to parent sets under models. Currently sets make the outliner
incredibly messy down near the bottom. If we could pair sets with a model
type node, this would clean things up even more.
13) Ability to show all attributes under an object.

Thanks for the ear.

Adam