On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Adam Sale <adamfs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 10) Color coding of node, branch and multi selection is very confusing.
> For example, I select the root joint of a chain of joints. They all turn
> green. I shift select the next joint down to multi select it with the
> first, now the first turns white and the rest green.
> So instead, turn off child selection highlighting. Now what happens is
> still kind of confusing. I select the first joint in the chain. It turn
> green, the res turn pink. I shift select the 2nd joint to add it to
> selection. The first joint turns white, the second green and the third
> pink. From a new users perspective, its even more bewildering.
> In Softimage, this is handled elegantly and simply. Never any confusion.
> Child selected object, white, If you shift select to add another object in
> multi select, it too turns white, the other bones remain their original
> colors. When you MMB or Tree select objects, the whole hierarchy turns
> white as you would expect.
> If Maya users are used to this behavior fine, but an option to switch this
> behavior would be so welcome.

This is one of my ( among others ) issues with Maya... we never know what
is or isn't selected... i never saw this behavior anywhere and it deeply
confuses me, even though turning off child selection highlight option...
and why does the skinned mesh also has to be change colors when a joint is
selected. More than often i keep the show wireframe on top just to check if
im pushing the character too much, jumping from black wireframe to a pink
wireframe is visual distracting.

Also when hiding a Top of hierarchy why oh why does it hide everything
beneath it? This happens even on Scene layers.. those things are there to
help organize, so sometimes i want to hide a parent but NOT its children...
forcing us to go into Drawing Overrides to simply hide a Parent...

On a side note.. please add more visual shapes to Locators... we are
spoiled by Softimage on this with its super handy shadow icons... even Modo
copied this feature :)