hmm, you mean XSI's own sub windows outside the main client's? XSI does
maximize to both monitors and snap, but honestly I don't even notice it
anymore if I want to work on just one monitor, I just meta + middle mouse
resize it on opening, after that I can move any window outside and over the
desktop. That's on CentOS 6.2 to 6.6.
If you mean dragging it off desktop, no, I don't believe it's possible, X
lets the client window control that behaviour and I suspect mainwin, or
whatever else deals with the windowing, has it disabled.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!