I have been using that workflow and I like it. Had some trouble in Maya as
people were using groups, and groups have their own namespaces so allowed
duplicate names... like this:

Wheel_FR
- Tyre
Wheel_RR
- Tyre

I'm new to maya though but seems to me that groups = bad (but I don't know
how common it is for people to use lots of groups)

Simon Reeves
London, UK
*si...@simonreeves.com <si...@simonreeves.com>*
*www.simonreeves.com <http://www.simonreeves.com>*