The problem is in the name.  I found that when brining maya alembics into
Octane. There seems to be some truncation of the display of the name and
everything ends up with the name moniker. They are separate materials though.

You should still have more then one material place holder being created.

Kind regards

On 13 Apr 2015, at 1:42 PM, Morten Bartholdy