Thanks all for the various good advice. DEM Earth looks really smooth - It
might be a good reason to venture into C4D.

Along slightly different lines but related, what do you guys prefer to create
realistic looking landscape geometry? I am looking at World Machine and
Terragen atm, dismissing Vue for now as the connectivity tools really suck.

Any suggestions on strengths and weaknesses or good alternatives?

//Morten