" I am thinking probably cybermonday (november) will come around with some
kind of good offer for Hu16 price. "

Not going to happen, never seen them doing any cyber offers. However the
good news is that there is an offer now until May 31.

https://www.sidefx.com/get/buy/

Indie will surely not be going down in price.