"specially when self employed"

...  or small ... or big shops delivering sequences of images :)

On 03/21/17 22:05, Jason S wrote:
Hi Jordi!

First I wanted to personally thank you for those docs, as they really did go straight to the crux.

Yet for the points mentioned, I would have an easier time agreeing with you if indeed I found "some things to be easier, and others not", whereas beyond what could be associated to "XSI muscle memory",  the sheer quantity or proportions of things that are not not just easier, but considerably much (much!) easier, makes it hard to just overlook and just "go with it", especially when knowing how things can be.

Especially when what I'm looking for already exists.

I know it takes great effort designing things that are both user friendly AND very flexible
(both must be at equal priority upon design phases, otherwise there is great tendency for becoming mostly an either/or thing, akin to making things both fast AND high quality)

I'm not either dismissing it altogether, just that after witnessing how things are, I would focus on things that are more accessible, and *perhaps* (if so very progressively) adopt other aspects.

Because I also think that given the circumstances, it is good to vary disciplines and tools that we use, yet also remain convinced that "moving-on",  should be as a progressive process, mostly if not -exclusively- relative to whatever we consider can work best for a given task.

I wouldn't currently favor XSI for say dynamic beach waves, but for a great number of things, until there would naturally be a time when it would simply not be worth it, either because some things would advance considerably or some things would make it more difficult to run,
(either of which can be seen quite ahead of time when testing new equipment /software)
switching should not be something that is forced, or be from giving into more or less heavy enticements, or peer pressure,  (specially when self employed, delivering image sequences) but that just a personal view.

Anyhoo,
ciaociao!
-J