> On 22 Mar 2017, at 02:05, Jason S <jasonsta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jordi!
>
> First I wanted to personally thank you for those docs, as they really did go
> straight to the crux.

Thank you, really appreciate knowing it has been useful. :-)

> Yet for the points mentioned, I would have an easier time agreeing with you
> if indeed I found "some things to be easier, and others not", whereas beyond
> what could be associated to "XSI muscle memory",  the sheer quantity or
> proportions of things that are not not just easier, but considerably much
> (much!) easier, makes it hard to just overlook and just "go with it",
> especially when knowing how things can be.

Putting aside the fact we have to move out of Softimage sooner or later
(hardware, OS, drivers, freelancers, support, etc… will eventually force us out)

Putting aside those areas Sofimage can’t compete because it does not have the
functionality (heavy duty FX mostly, Terrains, Game integration, etc…)

I would like to focus on those day to day scenarios you feel are not easy in
Houdini, after all we could submit this input to Side Effects.

Is there any particular scenario you feel strongly Softimage is much more
comfortable/easy/convenient?

:-)

jb