Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:04:47 +0100
From: <p...@bustykelp.com>
Subject: Re: Random Thoughts about H.
To: "Official Softimage Users Mailing

They fixed it quicker than it took me to make a video showing how annoying
it could be!

I have a question regarding attributes.. In ICE. I use ?pointreferenceframe?
all the time for finding the orientation at a surface for making deformers.
In Houdini, there are not all these useful attributes that ICE has by
default. I can make a thing that calculates a homemade orientation a-la
PointReferenceFrame, and it works but it takes up a huge amount of nodes.
Also, you can?t just ?get? it. It needs loads of inputs on the tree that?s
finding it.
Firstly. I don?t see that you can store a matrix per-point attribute. Is it
possible?
How would an experienced Houdini person deal with getting/calculating
Pointreferenceframe on a surface?