For technical reasons I had to switch to Maya, but I'm still pretty bad
with modeling ( tools looks like a plugin on top of a plugin on top of
another plugin ), and for animation I switched to Motion Builders, since
all the characters I'm working on are humans with a pretty standard rig (
except for the facial rig, which is done by Morph targets ).

I still rely on XSI for modeling and fast prototyping in general, but due
to the projects I'm working on I basically switched to Unreal Engine 4 for
animation and simulations, also having custom version of the engine
combined with the nVidia technology ( VXGI and Flex above all ), so I've
transfered the little ICE knowledge I had by using the Blueprint system in
UE4, and oh my, I'm creating some neat stuff there using a very intuitive
workflow.

UE4 won't replace XSI or any kind of modeling DCC any time soon, but the
XSI+UE4 combination allows me to use Maya as little as possible, because
I'm sick of all the crashes ( both on standard and Lite version ) and
overall workflow.