"What's funny is, I interviewed with Weta and Dneg recently and they both
asked me a lot about fabricengine (it occupied the majority of the
interviews) and expressed their intentions to leverage it more.
When this was announced, we had a meeting at Dneg.  It was like, "Crap,
well, there goes a few years of invested time for our new system built
around fabricEngine"
Weta mentioned that they were tossing their in-house node based system
they'd spent several years developing in favour of fabric."

do you really think you should be posting something that was discussed
during a private interview at these companies on a public forum like this?