Shape editor in Maya 2017 has a Bay Raitt style shape fixers. Some comments are
here:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.chrisevans3d.com_pub-5Fblog_adsk-2Dships-2Dposespacedeformer-2Dignores-2Dclavicle_Also&d=DwIFaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=Oi1qugY6fZ6AJuzQ1pbLbZyc_wNFT9O-y4ZI4De--fE&s=ztfEQgefeDBGm2aZCURV0Zo409qpTRT7ES2LINxIN9Q&e=,
 Blender addon called Animation Nodes (kind of nodal control of everything in
Blender, plus per-point deformations) technically allows to build dependent
shape keys, so sooner or later, there will be some interface on top, I guess.

Anyway.  What I’m talking about is a tool that helps with the creation of
shapes that are , for example in context of the current pose of the skinned
mesh. Or making a shape that is a corrective, in context of 2 or more other
shapes that are applied, and that kind of thing.All this is doable without a
shape manager of course, but it takes longer, and can become tedious when you
have to keep doing it. Its very nice to have a tool to make this happen in a
no-brainer way and not have workarounds that undermine and stall the flow of
enthusiasm.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is not a standard thing in any package
actually… I wish it was though.jb------