On 11/7/06, Walter Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I haven't found fuzzy or phonetic search in Solr, and I have a couple
of approaches I might try:

1. Adding fuzzy to the DisMax specs.

What do you envisage the implementation looking like?

2. Adding a phonetic token filter and relying on the per-field analyzer
support.

Option 2 seems like it would be a lot faster in production, and
probably easier to implement. Does that seem right?

I'm not sure why any modification to solr would be necessary.  You
could add a field with a phonetic analyzer and use copyField to copy
your search fields to it.  Search will use the modified analyzer
automatically.

-Mike