Guys,
I spent 4 days trying to create simplest possible web-page sending query to
SOLR and showing results via GET method, single page should contain a form,
and a response from SOLR... of course I could modify basic XSL provided by
SOLR and avoid usage of Cocoon... finally I was forced to browse JIRA
database for unresolved bugs in Cocoon, found some messages about bad
performance of CInclude Transformer... simples task, but I need to do many
transformations to add dynamic...
Using pure JSP I could done the same just within an hour! and spend saved
time with Facets.

My votes for SOLR-20 and SOLR-30 (Java client for SOLR)
+2

And, HttpClient is preferable (ask guys from Nutch)

Cocoon is postponed, although it is very rich (DOJO-based AJAX,
pipelines,...)

Thanks