Hi Ryan,

The big API question/style i'm struggling with is

SolrResponse rsp = client.process( req );
 vs
SolrResponse rsp = req.execute( client ); // execute may not be the right word

The first one is more natural, and is how things are actually
processed.  The second one allows eliminates the need for lots of
casting:

SolrQueryResponse rsp = (SolrQueryResponse)client.process( req );
vs
SolrQueryResponse rsp = queryRequest.execute( client );

Any thoughts?

Haven't dug into the client code, but my natural inclination would be to go with the latter...it fits better with how I'd write the test code if I was implementing such a thing. E.g. create a mock client and then use that to test the request object.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.