On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Chris Hostetter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : If the current handlers remain as is (no change in config), What is
> : the best way to enable handlers (especially new ones) to read
> : arbitrary xml configuration?. The only possible solution is to use
> : XPath which I see as very cumbersome.
>
> the init params for request handlers were never ment to be the end all be
> all of configuration -- request handlers with non trivial configuration
> needs can always load any config file format they want from any file they
> want using SolrResourceLoader.openConfig.
If the format is trivial also we must resort to XPath.If the user has
to maintain separate congig files for  extra configuration it is not a
good. Loading the new configuration must also be using XPath or other
xml parsing techniques.

Anyway I have changed the scope of the JIRA issue (no more changes to
csolrconfig). So we do not have to make any changes to the system as
it exists now. Just that we may enable users write components the way
they want

--
--Noble Paul