Hi,

2008/8/5 Grant Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So, what to vote on?
>
> 0.  Accept no more issues outside of this list, other than blockers for 1.3.

I'd like to see the following issues added to the list (in order of priority):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-84 New logo
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-76 New admin pages (see
also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-643)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-484 Solr Website changes
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-19 pom.xml to support maven2

None of these are particularly crucial from a codebase perspective,
but I believe all of them are crucial from a community perspective.

> 1.   Set August 12 as code freeze date.  1 week from today.  After which,
> only doc changes and blockers are allowed.   So, if the above isn't fixed by
> then, it's out unless someone wants to make it a blocker.

Non-binding +1.

> 2.   Code Freeze in effect for 5 days for testing of release candidates.
>  Thus, the 1.3 release, assuming all goes well will be on the 17th or 18th
> (since the 17th is a Sunday.)  Thus SOLR-489 in theory need not be complete
> by the 12th, but the 18th instead, although we might as well get it done.

Non-binding +1.

> I volunteer to be the release manager, unless someone else is dying to do
> it.

Non-binding +1.

There's also the issue of using snapshots
(commons-csv-1.0-SNAPSHOT-r609327.jar, lucene-analyzers-2.4-dev.jar,
lucene-core-2.4-dev.jar, lucene-highlighter-2.4-dev.jar,
lucene-queries-2.4-dev.jar, lucene-snowball-2.4-dev.jar,
lucene-spellchecker-2.4-dev.jar, stax-1.2.0-dev.jar). Given recent
emphasis on the legal issues surrounding the use of snapshots, I'd
suggest we should ship 1.3 with latest stable releases of those
dependencies.

Andrew.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]