On Nov 24, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

perhaps...

examples/README.txt
examples/start.jar
examples/post.jar
examples/simple/solr/conf
examples/simple/README.txt
examples/simple/raw-data
examples/multicore/...
examples/exampleAnalysis/...

...where each subdir of examples can be used as a solr.solr.home, and each
example includes it's own example data files.

The only gotcha, I feel, is that I don't want people to have to type solr.solr.home (I hate to have to explain why it's "solr.solr", too, but that's another day...) for the simple example. I know, it's not a big deal, but java -jar start.jar is brilliantly simple. I'm no Jetty wiz, but if there is someway to make that one the default, then I'm all for this approach.