On Nov 24, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

: The only gotcha, I feel, is that I don't want people to have to type
: solr.solr.home (I hate to have to explain why it's "solr.solr", too, but : that's another day...) for the simple example. I know, it's not a big deal, : but java -jar start.jar is brilliantly simple. I'm no Jetty wiz, but if there : is someway to make that one the default, then I'm all for this approach.

that should be doable ... i'm 99% certain we can set system properties in
the jetty.xml (or the webdefaults.xml) and then override them on the
commandline if needed.

Or we could switch to using an ant task to start/run the examples.