Hey All,

 1.  Namespaces are fun especially when you have some target format you are
trying to work towards. Many target formats use namespaces extensively so
having the ability to map to them on the back end (response) would be great.
This does not mean that Solr would have to utilize namespaces at all and
supporting them internally is a different issue. I think that was the spirit of
the original patch.
 2.  From what I'm gathering this is a discussion of whether Solr supports them
internally. Hopefully, there is a differentiation between internal/external
namespace usage with Solr.
 3.  Why must the response dictate what is done internally within Solr?
 4.  Internally it would seem that these are just string mappings and how much
impact would there really be to writing out the response?
 5.  If the shift is just to have them use XSLT my guess would be that would
cause a slower response than direct mappings. This is solely my opinion as I
have not done any tests but NamedList -> XML -> XSLT would seem logically
slower than NamedList-> (mapped) XML

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez